The Manual of Insight
by Mahathera Ledi Sayadaw, Aggamahapandita, D.Litt.
Translated into English by Sayadaw U Nyana, Patamagyaw of Masoeyein Monastery Mandalay.
Edited by The English Editorial Board
Note to the electronic version:
This electronic version is reproduced directly from the printed version The text is an English
translation from the original Burmese. No attempt has been made to to change any of the English
phraseology. The reason for putting this book into electronic media is that the book is out of print
and the text has been found very a valuable source of inspiration to those practising Vipassana
meditation, despite using English language which is somewhat archaic.
Union Buddha Sasana Council Kaba-Aye, Rangoon, Burma, 1965.
Reprinted from The Light of The Dhamma, Vol. I, No.4, (pp.16-21), Vol. II, No.1 (pp. 7-14), Vol. II, No 2, (pp.
14-18), Vol. II, No. 3, (pp. 19-31)
- Biography of the Venerable Mahathera Ledi Sayadaw, Aggamahapandita
- Vipassana Dipani, The Manual of Insight
- Patthanuddesa Dipani, The Buddhist Philosophy of Relations
- Sammaditthi Dipani, The Manual of Right Views
- Niyama Dipani, The Manual of Cosmic Order
- Catusacca - Dipani, The Manual of The Four Noble Truths
- Bodhipakkhiya Dipani, The Manual of The Factors Leading to Enlightenment
- Preface and Introduction
- I, The Bodhipakkhiya Dhamma and II, The Four Satipatthana
- III, The Four Sammappadhana
- IV, The Four Iddhipadda
- V, The Five Indriya
- VI, The Five Bala (or Balani)
- VII, The Seven Sambojjhanga
- VIII, The Eight Magganga
- IX, How to practise The Bodhipakkhiya-Dhamma
- X, Heritage of the Sasana
- Magganga Dipani, The Manual of The Constituents of The Noble Path
- Alin Kyan, An Exposition of Five Kinds of Light
- Appendix - I. Five Questions on Kamma
- Appendix - II. Anattanisamsa - A Concise Descritption of The Advantages Arising Out of The Realisation of Anatta